17 Mar Your Business Should Invest In SEO
Now is the time to Invest in SEO
Invest to grow your online business the way you would a storefront.
The evolution of search engine optimization has finally reached a point where people really need to think about who is optimizing your website. While many “experts” seem to believe that “SEO is dead”, what we learn is the antiquated strategies of spam SEO are now penalized and no longer effective. Often hurting the websites who used them. What is really happening is that search engines are refining their algorithms to promote more natural, organic value – as opposed to synthetic authority.
In fact, many companies, including the Phoenix based SEO agency – Firmly Rooted, are doubling down on their commitment to invest in solid, SEO optimized web infrastructure that is search-engine friendly. Promoting value creation through engaging content and social media influence that is congruent with the engines’ continued commitment to improving their algorithms over time.
What we find is a symbiotic relationship that sprouts success and rewards hard work. Search engines, such as Google, are looking to promote the most relevant and legitimate content to their users. Therefore, SEO is becoming more necessary than ever! You want your website to be read properly by the engines’ crawl bots, you want the code of your site to give the proper information, and you want to ensure that you have as much valuable content and media as possible. Getting every detail of your online brand right shows Google, Yahoo, and Bing that you are serious about your business, and care about the same values and principles that the search engines do themselves.
“I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been.” – Wayne Gretzky
SEO has been a place where pretenders could rank like Kings, but not anymore. Those days are gone, but for those who are willing to work for it, and invest in their cause have the world literally at their fingertips.
Here’s a list of seven specific reasons why your business should definitely consider investing in your organic SEO:
- SEO Works – Anyone who has been lucky enough to get their site right knows how powerful good, quality SEO is. Google is the largest business in the world and to own your local market has life-changing ramifications. The game is changing, but the white-hat SEO techniques themselves are tried and true. Google employs some of the brightest minds in the world to provide the best user experience on their search engine, the result of that is we are seeing what Google values, and what they know is unnatural. In a discussion with Janice McReaken, CEO of the marketing firm JMAK says “As long as you are focusing on optimal user experience while consistently performing SEO strategies, you will be rewarded with higher positioning and organic traffic.”
- It is always going to work – The true intent of SEO is to provide search engines with exactly what they are looking for. When the search engine recognizes this, your site is always going to receive weighted praise for both value and performance. As more and more websites are built every day, there is no chance that SEO will become less effective at any time in the foreseeable future. You need to optimize even your audio and video files to rank better in YouTube and search engines.
- Its a Long Term Play – SEO is not a microwave marketing strategy. You have to be willing to build your online business. Once that happens, the ROI is significant and will continue to drive business long after you stop paying into your investment. Looking at the costs associated with online marketing strategies such as PPC advertising, social media marketing, or purchasing leads for email marketing, SEO provides long term ROI. PPC may drive more initial revenue and social media may be more important for your brand, but it is your organic SEO that will always be the strong foundation of your online presence.
- Search engines are used by billions – Maps and search engines have become a part of nearly everything we do. 80-90% of customers check online reviews prior to making a purchase. And consumers use Google Maps to find store locations, find contact information, and check their user ratings before making many of their purchases. As a business owner, those who want to continue to grow must invest in the cultural norms, that means building an online brand. When someone looks for your products or services, you want them to see your business when they do. Without organic SEO in place, those people will likely end up at your competitors property, not yours.
- Rise of mobile smartphones and local search results – Google trends continue to show that mobile devices are becoming more commonly used for local searches than desktop computers. Which makes perfect sense, when we are out searching for the products and services we need – we don’t have our computers with us, we have our phones. Because of this, Google continues to ramp up their Google Maps applications and now with the Google “3-Pack” of map listings for a local search, that premium real estate is in more demand, and creates more revenue than PPC ever will, from an ROI standpoint. Once again, the value of local search optimization has never been higher.
- Good SEO builds your backlink profile – With each and every update to its search algorithm, Google and other engines are eliminating cheap and shortcut strategies. Sites would buy thousands of links from spam link dealers to create fake authority, and it worked. But every rose has its thorn, and now those backlinks are causing sites to lose everything. Moving forward, it is the niche related, authoritative links that receive clicks and engagement that matter in SEO. We also have things such as social media indicators that are playing a bigger role. The value of good content that receives engagement (shares, time spent on site, clicks, etc) matters. Without a healthy content profile spread out over months and years, it will be hard to earn Google’s trust as relevant and authoritative to others.
- Your competitors are doing it – “On a broad scale, I see SEO becoming a normalized marketing tactic, the same way TV, radio, and print are traditionally thought of as marketing tactics.” – Duane Forrester, Senior Product Manager, Bing. If you’re not building new roots as the world continues to evolve then your power, whatever that may be, will be lost to one of your competitors who is. Power has been won and lost because of this since the beginning of time. You have the knowledge to succeed, don’t let your competitors get the best of you by ignoring the power of SEO.
Investing in SEO is about more than ranking on Google, its about reaching your target audience and expanding your authority into new markets. Reaching new customers and increasing your conversion through brand authority, marketing, and sales strategy. SEO is more important now than ever before. Search Engine Optimization is the foundation you build for your business online, it is what will allow you to grow your business into anything you want. Few do it right, but good SEO is one of the single most important components of any company’s branding efforts, and online influence.